Tuesday 11 February 2014

Gizmo's Freeware: The Easy (and Free) Way To Add Sticky Yellow Notes To Your Windows Desktop

Gizmo's Freeware: The Easy (and Free) Way To Add Sticky Yellow Notes To Your Windows Desktop

Link to Gizmo's Freeware: Top selections

The Easy (and Free) Way To Add Sticky Yellow Notes To Your Windows Desktop

Posted: 11 Feb 2014 12:53 AM PST

"I don't like keeping notes on paper, unless they're trivial and expendable. I much prefer keeping all my information on the computer, where I know that I won't lose it and where I can back it up.

I use Microsoft OneNote for most of my notekeeping, and it works very well as my personal "knowledge base". In my day job, I look after 13 Windows servers, and the process of setting up and maintaining them runs to hundreds of pages of notes. OneNote lets me keep everything in one searchable place, and I like it a lot.

But a program designed as an in-depth notekeeping system isn't always good for quick reminders and to-do items. For that, I've generally used scraps of paper on my desk or, if I'm in the mood for spending real money, genuine sticky yellow Post It notes. But while bits of paper are easy to use, they are also easy to lose. And if you need to change a note, those pencil marks make it look messy.

I've recently been trying out a sticky yellow note application for Windows, called Stickies. It's free, and is a 1 MB download and it's virus-free according to VirusTotal, and is quick to install. Once installed, click the option in the system tray to create a new note, or click inside a note to edit it. You can have pretty much as many notes as you like, and you can change the font and colour if you wish.

Your notes are saved when you close the Stickies program or shut down your PC. Just run the program again and they'll instantly appear where you left them. Although beware of clicking the cross at the top right hand corner of a note, as this deletes the note without any request for confirmation.

Handily, there's an option to backup your note data too, so you'll never lose it. Which is the real advantage of electronic notes over paper, as far as I'm concerned." - Robert Schifreen, Hot Finds Editor


http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/easy-way-add-sticky-yellow-notes-your-windows-desktop.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment