Thursday 8 May 2014

Gizmo's Freeware: Meet My New Favourite Freeware For Viewing Large Text Files

Gizmo's Freeware: Meet My New Favourite Freeware For Viewing Large Text Files

Link to Gizmo's Freeware: Top selections

Meet My New Favourite Freeware For Viewing Large Text Files

Posted: 08 May 2014 04:25 AM PDT

I've spent much of today tracking down the solution to a problem that was causing some log files to grow much too quickly. This was as part of my day job, in which I look after a collection of Microsoft SharePoint servers. For some reason, these files were growing by around 2000 lines every second, which equates to around 1 GB of data every hour.

Windows Notepad doesn't like editing files of that size. And to be frank, I didn't really need to edit them anyway. I just needed a simple, free program for viewing and searching large files. And while I'd previously used (and indeed recommended) Large Text File Viewer (http://www.swiftgear.com/ltfviewer/features.html), it was proving too slow at searching.

So, meet my new favourite freeware Windows program for viewing and searching large text files. It's called Glogg.


http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/meet-my-new-favourite-freeware-viewing-large-text-files.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment